Scholarship Awards Program 2013 – Winner Announced
Thank you for all of your entries. We were amazed at the both the quality and number of applicants. All of them were incredibly impressive, yet one stood out above the rest.
The winner of the 2013 scholarship is Allen Osgood. Allen is a high school student who is headed to Washington University in the fall. Allen is an extremely smart, well-rounded entrepreneur who is using his talents to make a difference in his community.
Allen founded a non-profit organization called STEMs For Youth that helps youth flourish in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math by showing them that learning can be fun through camps and educational events. Allen overcame numerous obstacles, and has impacted over 3000 students through his efforts.
From everyone here at USLeaseOption.com, Congratulations!!
USLeaseOption.com is proud to announce its first scholarship helping one promising student entrepreneur help pay for his or her higher education.
Objectives: The scholarships are intended to provide financial assistance and recognition to qualified minority student entrepreneurs who have started, plan to start, or are interested in starting a business while enrolled in college.
- The award is available to college bound high school seniors, or college students enrolled as a full time college student in the US.
- Limited to one entry per student.
- An overall GPA of 3.0 (or equivalent) is required.
- Student must be African American, Hispanic American, or Native American and a U.S. citizen
Application: Applications must be received by April 15th. Please email the following Information to [email protected]:
- Completed cover letter (Download Here)
- Copy of official transcripts
- Typewritten essay giving a brief background on yourself and your interest in business and entrepreneurship.
- If you’ve already started a business, describe what you’re doing and your plans for the future.
- If you’re in the beginning stages of business planning, describe your idea and plan to get started.
- If you are interested in entrepreneurship, but don’t have an idea or plan yet, describe what you’re passionate about and how your passion could translate into a business in the future.
Award: $1000 Cash to be used for any expense the student wishes. The scholarship will be chosen by June 1st, 2013 and the winner will be contacted directly, as well as posted on this page. Applications will be reviewed and winner selected by a panel of USLeaseOption.com staff and advisors.
*Scholarship Contest Rules and Disclaimers: Employees of USLeaseOption.com and their immediate families are ineligible. No purchase necessary to enter. Only one entry per student permitted. Personal information will remain confidential and used only to verify qualified entries and to contact the scholarship winner. Prize is non-transferable, nonrefundable, and cannot be exchanged for other prizes. These rules are subject to change at any time by USLeaseOption.com. The USLeaseOption.com Scholarship Contest is open to U.S. students only.